[TYPO3-english] Interesting UTF-8 Bug (maybe related to apache or php)

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Dec 22 11:26:10 CET 2008

Hi!

Sancar Saran wrote:
> Restarting apache doesn't fix the problem. After some actions on the backend,
> problem starts again.
>
> We suspect using APC may leads the problem.
>
> It seems every instance of the same system have use same charset settings or
> they interefere each other.

It definitely should not happen if you use different user name and passwords to different databases. If you have the same user name and password for different databases, existing MySQL connections will be reused. Since character set is set for connection, you will have correct settings for one database and wrong for the other.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team