[TYPO3-english] Is there a condition to check the OS of the server?

Christopher Christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Sat Dec 20 14:39:45 CET 2008

Hi!

"Christopher" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1229543875.1084.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...

>> Christopher wrote:
>>> To come back to the problem: The docs are correct by saying that it ONLY
>>> works correctly, if the code is directly(!) written in localconf.php.
>
> Can there be any problems if I add the function to localconf instead of
> using require_once?
> (I added it above the install-tool-token.)

OK, again to the inclusion of files for use in conditions:
- The file has to be included in localconf.php. An include() in
extTables.php or somewhere else will not work.
- Include it using include_once() or require_once(); without "_once" you can
get errors.
- You cannot include the file using $TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT. E.g. the following
will NOT work. That was my problem. (It only works for the very first call
of the page after the cache has been cleared):
require_once($TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/fileadmin/user_checkOS.php');
Use the following instead (adjust it, if TYPO3 is not located directly in
the root-folder):
require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/fileadmin/user_checkOS.php');

That was hard work!

Regards

Christopher