[TYPO3-english] create default caption if none was entered

Ronald Renfro rr at dreimorgen.com
Fri Dec 19 19:04:36 CET 2008

Hi List,

how can I specify a default caption for imgtext content elements if no
text was entered?
I tried using the ifEmpty stdWrap parameter it is not correct....

thanks!

tt_content.image.20 {
     caption {
          1 = TEXT
          1 {
              if.isTrue.field = imagecaption
              field = imagecaption
              required = 1
              parseFunc =< styles.content.parseFunc
              br = 1
              fontTag = <span class="teaser">|</span>
              wrapAlign.field = imagecaption_position
              split.token.char = 10

             split.returnKey.cObject = COA
             split.returnKey.cObject {
                  10 = TEXT
                  10.data = register:caption_counter

                  20 = LOAD_REGISTER
                  20 {
                      caption_counter {
                          cObject = TEXT
                          cObject.dataWrap = {register:caption_counter}
+1
                          prioriCalc = intval
                      }
                  }
             }

          }

	// **** unfortunatly this does not work **** //
	ifEmpty.cObject {
             	10 = TEXT
		10.value = <div class="caption">My default Caption here</div>
     	}
     }

     captionSplit = 1
     imageTextSplit = 1