[TYPO3-english] edit "Mount Point" Pagetitle or Navtitle --> BE error

Sander van Gelderen mail at sandervangelderen.nl
Fri Dec 19 15:32:31 CET 2008

Hello List,

I have a set of pages in my site which are of type "Mount Point". They
all have "Substitute Mount Point (this page) with Mounted page" set on.

The mountpoints work as expected, except there is one problem: when
editing the "Pagetitle" or "Navigation Title" and saving the form, this
gives me following error in the BE:

'Error!
The requested page didn't have a proper connection to the tree-root!
(Illegal Mount Point found in rootline)'

This is an annoyance only it seems, the changes made to the title are
actually saved fine.
This error does not occur when editing any of the other fields, I can
change the MountPoint itself, whether or not to substitute, the
subtitle, last updated, new until without any problems.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a fix or workaround for it?

Using TYPO3 4.2.3

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sander