[TYPO3-english] Upgrade

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Dec 19 09:33:08 CET 2008

Hi,

>> Diederik wrote:

>>> Even after a restart the error is still there:
>>> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried
>>> to allocate 42 bytes) in
>>> /var/www/typo3_src-4.2.3/t3lib/class.t3lib_befunc.php on line 3730
>>
>> You seem to need much more memory. Try allocating more. You probably
>> will be able to lower it again afterwards.
>>

> I don't know about this.
> Raising my memory up to 512MB got me to the time limit.
> I changed max_execution_time to 60 seconds but still get this error:
>
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in
> /var/www/typo3_src-4.2.3/t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php on line 464

OK. You don't have problem with RAM anymore. It's quite strange to have
problem with maximum execution time but I had it while working with EM
and updating the list of extensions. It might require many many time to
complete. I would try to raise this limit to let's say 5 min to let the
update run smoothly and then lower it again. You want to upgrade, don't
you? Then let TYPO3 take what it needs, update and then try to
understand why you needed huge resources (3rd party extensions,
misconfigured php.ini, problem with ACL, ... resulting in many timeouts,
...)

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers