[TYPO3-english] Localization problem - non TemplaVoila site - Typo3 version 4.0.2

Karl Wallace karl.wallace at roomthree.com
Mon Dec 15 11:57:10 CET 2008

I found a workaround for this problem that involves NOT clicking the
"Copy default content elements" button. But creating a new content
element instead.

With the typoscript setp I included in the initial mail, both the
default and the translated content elements would be visible. So I
changed the value of config.sys_language_overlay. See below.

config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback
config.sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated

This workaround suited my purposes though the problem itself still
exists. Hopefully someone will find this useful :)

Karl