[TYPO3-english] Including a TS file into a TS template

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Sat Dec 13 18:33:39 CET 2008

Hello Piet,

> You're about right, but the subpart should be '.txt'

this is wrong. You could use any suffix. I use "ts" cause my editor then shows the right syntax
highlighting. But I would prefer filenames in lower case.

If you want to edit those files in BE, you have to put this code in your localconf.php

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['textfile_ext'] = 'txt,html,htm,css,inc,tmpl,js,sql,php,ts';

To protect this files, you have to put something like this in your main .htaccess

<FilesMatch "\.(ts|tmpl)$">
   deny from all
</FilesMatch>

Andreas