[TYPO3-english] Sharing authentication between typo3 and apache?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Sat Dec 13 00:59:21 CET 2008

Hi,

I am completely unexperienced with Typo3, but I am looking for a
solution to that given problem:

A webserver is to be prepared for an organiziation. Most of the web
pages should be managed with Typo3, and some of the pages should be
available to a closed group of members, which requires Typo3
authentication.

But then, there are other web pages (e.g. other php applications,
especially a mediawiki and plain web directories), which should be
access protected and available to members only, but with single signon.

This boils down to: Access to parts of the web servers space outside
typo3 should be available only after loging in into typo3.

I guess that Typo3 uses cookies to authenticate users after an initial
login with username/password (correct?).

Is there any plugin for Apache that can make use of typo3's cookies to
have users authenticated outside typo3 as well?

regards
Hadmut