[TYPO3-english] Limit to languages not working properly.

Walrick Bosch lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Wed Dec 10 16:59:28 CET 2008

Hello,

When I limit a BE user to a specific (non-default) language, the user
can still create content in the default language column of the page
module, which then gets the label 'all languages'

I've tried disallowing as much as possible, but can't solve this problem.

I've tried the following setups:

1. This is how I would like it to work:

User without language restriction who is a member of 2 groups:
- group without language restrictions (all translators) which determines
access to modules and such)
- group which access restriction to specific language

2. Restricting both user and "all translators" group to the same
language, but still the same problem occurs.

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

I'm using mod.web_layout.defLangBinding = 1, don't know whether that
might create this problem. If so, I think it shouldn't.

  ---

Second problem:

Despite the content binding the user can also create new content
elements in the language he/she has access too. That also shouldn't be
possible in my opinion.

  ---

Also the user has the usual edit options available for the default
language content (pen icon, edit in rte button). Clicking that results
in an error. Would be nice if these options just weren't there, but
that's more annoying then a real problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Walrick

--