[TYPO3-english] lost in localization
g.duchesnes at free.fr
Mon Dec 8 16:51:20 CET 2008
I've read many docs, core API, Googled and i'm still stuck with the FE
localization concepts in Typo3
I've build a extension that works like a charm, it fetches the right
localized content and so on, my problem is how to count efficiently
the number of records when using localization and hideNotTranslated
the concept of localization as i understood it is the following :
- build a query that fetches all records in default (0) or all
- loop through records and get localized content if available (and
unset record if not in my case).
- optionnally do a little bit of versioning overlay (to get thing a
little more spicy).
The problematic scenario is the following :
- i have 34 records in default language but only 28 are localized
- i want 10 records per page
- i don't want not localized records to appear and therefore my page
browser should display 3 pages instead of 4
> problem :
- if i rely on the count of my first query, i will have 4 pages (since
i have 34 records)
- if i want to have to have the right number, i MUST select all
records, then localize them one by one and then count the number of
elements in the array > THIS CAN LEAD TO TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE.
My question is :
Is there another way than this second method to get the right number
of localized records?
Maybe i haven't understood anything...
More information about the TYPO3-english