[TYPO3-english] fe_users.comments field in cwt_community edit-profile

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tnm.maillist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:09:57 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a problem with the fe_users.comments field, i want to be able
to edit this field through my edit_profil, but i cannot get the plugin to
accept it.

The address field is almost the same type as comment, address is
varchar(255) and comments is text, so i have implement the comments as the
address is in class.tx_*.php file in /pi1/ but with no luck.

When i view the profile, i have no problem "printing" the info from the
comment field, but i what to edit it, to use it a my describtion.

As i understand it, cwt_community profiles are read from fe_users table,
or at least some of the information is, i cannot find out where else it
should and what i could have done wrong.

I have tested with some different fields from fe_users-table,

following fields works: usergroup, fax

but following feild _do_not_ work: crdata,lastlogin,comments

Its the comments fields which i have to use, but tested with the other
when trying to debug..

Hope you can help me.

Best Regards
Tomas