[TYPO3-english] Remove content images from PDA version (plugin.alt.pda)

Bob bitsandbob at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 7 18:39:49 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm creating a low bandwidth version of a site. This is based on
"plugin.alt.pda".

However, the site content contains some large images which I'd like to
remove (or, ideally, link the ALT attribute to the image).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I guess I could write a PHP
function to parse the HTML returned by styles.content.get? But I imagine
there's a better way...

I wondered about basing this on plugin.alt.plaintext instead, as that
already strips images. But the image paths it returns seem to be
incomplete (i.e. missing the actual filenames) and plugin.alt.pda seems
closer to what I'm trying to achieve overall (e.g. it has "normal" links)...

Thanks,

Bob