[TYPO3-english] Content type from legacy database?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Dec 5 14:44:38 CET 2008

Hi,

> I have a single table in a database that holds organizations.  They have
> fields like telephone number, address, etc.
>
> I'd like to show that information in a typo3 page, one record per page
> and, ideally, let users modify those fields from the backend.
>
> Maybe I have to create a new content element, I don't know.  If it's
> needed I can migrate the tables to typo3.
>
> What would be the typo3 way of doing this?

Install Kickstarter extension, create a new extension, define your table
and all fields, add it a FE plugin install your newly created extension,
convert your legacy DB to this TYPO3 table and that's it, you have
integrated record edition within the backend and you have a code sample
on how you may code the frontend plugin to display whatever you wish.

It gives you a good base I think.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html