[TYPO3-english] $GLOBALS['BE_USER'] is empty if be us er is logged in

Goran Liczic goranli at mail.hu
Wed Dec 3 21:46:21 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have a typo 3 extension written.
Here I want to ask the script if a  certain BE user (non Admin) has a backend session, means, if he is logged in  in BE.
If he is logged in, I want to execute a function.

My problem is the following:
With
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->be_user result is debug, also with
$GLOBALS['BE_USER'] result is also debug.

Both objects are always empty if loggined in in BE or not.

So what ca I do to check in php code, if a certain user (e.g. with id 2) is logged in?

I don't know what to do else - nothing works for me...

Any help highly appreciated!

=)