[TYPO3-english] Query Databases using RECORDS

John Fox fox at johnfoxstudios.com
Wed Dec 3 21:45:05 CET 2008

Got it!  Thank you Peter.  Ended up with this:

video.10 = RECORDS
video.10.source = TEXT
video.10.source.data = GPvar:mediaID
video.10.tables = tx_dam
video.10.conf.tx_dam = COA
video.10.conf.tx_dam {
    10 = TEXT
    10 {
        field = title
    }
    20 = TEXT
    20 {
        field = file_name
        wrap = <b>|</b>
    }
}

Still not to the level if I know if this is the optimal way of doing it but
it does work!

On 12/3/08 3:07 PM, "Peter Russ" <"peter,russ"@4many.net> wrote:

> [...]
Absender:   John Fox
Datum:       03.12.2008
> 20:33:
> I'm slowly learning Typo3.  Any help would be really appreciated!
>

> I am trying to retrieve a record from the tx_dam database.  This retrieves
> single field for me: (GPvar:mediaID is the passed ID for the video)
>

> video.10 = RECORDS
> video.10.source = TEXT
> video.10.source.data =
> GPvar:mediaID
> video.10.tables = tx_dam
> video.10.conf.tx_dam = TEXT
>
> video.10.conf.tx_dam {
>   field = title
>   wrap = Play this video: <b> |
> </b>
> }
>
> The problem is that I can only figure out how to retrieve one
> "field" at a
> time.  I need to retrieve title, file_name, keywords, file_path
> and
> description. Can I accomplish what I need to do with RECORDS?
>
> I've
> seen other examples with COA and CONTENT but I can't seem to get them
> work.  I've looked over the TSRef numerous times and it doesn't make much>
> sense to me as to how to accomplish this.  I'm assuming it's pretty basic.
>

> Thanks,
> John

video.10.conf.tx_dam = COA
does the trick