[TYPO3-english] change dateformat according to locale

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Dec 2 17:12:12 CET 2008

Hi,

> I have A TYPO3 4.2 installation.
> I configured 3 languages.
>
> [globalVar = GP:L<1]
>   config.sys_language_uid=
>   config.language=de
>   config.locale_all=de_DE
> [global]
>
> [globalVar = GP:L=1]
>   config.sys_language_uid=1
>   config.language=en
>   config.locale_all=en_US
> [global]
>
> If I have date from news and other extensions or just a normal date output
> they will change monthanes to according language.
> It is: 01. Mai 2008 or 01. May 2008
>
> The problem now is, that I want GLOBALLY the following:
>
> german:  01. Mai 2008 ( strftime(%d. %m %Y) )
> english:   May, 1st 2008 ( strftime(. . . . . ) )
> frensh:   01.05.2008  ( strftime(%d.%m.%Y) )
>
> How is this possible in TYPO3?

Extensions handle dates the way they want. If they are properly coded,
they allow you to configure the way they output them. You have to search
for TS configuration for each and every extension to find where you may
specify the date format.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html