[TYPO3] Indentation problem in typo3 4.2.1

Fearless Goblin (Victor Livakovsky) v-tyok at mail.ru
Wed Aug 27 16:04:06 CEST 2008

> If your CSS class selector does not specify an element (i.e. is of the
> form .indent { … } as you show above), then the styles it contains
> will apply to *any* element to which that class is applied. In other
> words, nothing that you've shown above can be the source of the problem.

> Check to see that:

> * the CSS file containing styles for .indent is loaded on the relevant
> pages,
> * the class *is* in fact present in some paragraph or div on the same
> pages
> * your browser's cache is cleared
> * the .indent class is not redefined somewhere later in the CSS cascade
> * that the element to which the class is applied has not had its
> display property set to 'inline'

> Incidentally, for block-level elements (such as p or div) padding
> should always work for indentation, but margin will not work in every
> case (collapsing margins etc).

Also sometimes CSS-styles won't work, if you have not specified the
inlaid level for them.
F.e. we have such structure:
               <ul>
                     <li class="active">Item1</li>
                     <li>Item2</li>
                     <li>Item2</li>
               </ul>

and when I specified something like this:
.active {
        color: red;
}
it didn't worked!

But, f.e., this:
#header_menu ul li.active {
             color: red;
}
worked fine!

I don't know why it's so, but the fact still remains.

Maybe it'll help.