[TYPO3] seriuos problem migrating 4.2.1 installtion to another server

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Aug 26 17:21:00 CEST 2008

Hi!

G.Unger wrote:
> - client made a complete download of all files and folders by ftp from
> the online development server
> - database was exported/dumped by phpMyAdmin extension. looking in the
> sql file I see that charset is utf-8 and collation as well

Next time use import/export inside TYPO3. File copying and SQl import is better for advanced TYPO3 users.

> where do I go wrong?

It seems that you did not set db init commands in Install tool. Set them to:

SET NAMES utf8
SET character_set_server utf8

You will need to clear page cache after that.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team