[TYPO3] Columns titles encoding

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Aug 26 00:15:20 CEST 2008

on Mon, 25 Aug 2008 23:00:29 +0200, Andreas Burg wrote:

> just found something out
>
> "1" => array ("english|lang?|german|lang?|||||||","1"),
>
> means: the first position (in my installation) is for english BE and the
> 3. is for german BE

Are you sure?
As that piece of code is copied a lot of times (me 2: [1]) there often is
told the multi-language behavior, but never verified or given any order.
Especially is the code inlogical if you have the german labels at first
AND third place.
If that labels are really for different languages and the first is
english and the third is german it might be the order of the old
locallang.*php* -files. I have noticed that order on my website [1] as
nowadays the locallang-files created by kickstarter are xml and doesn't
include that languages any more.
BTW: The first entry is not really 'english'. It is 'default', which
might be the cause for a lot of chaos for these labels.

[1] en: http://www.pi-phi.de/t3v4/index.php?id=45&L=1
    de: http://www.pi-phi.de/t3v4/index.php?id=45&L=0

bernd