[TYPO3] EXT development: How to set 'cache_clearAtMidnight'?

Martin Holtz typo3 at martinholtz.de
Mon Aug 25 14:45:58 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

> I'm working on an extension that's supposed to insert a 'Citation Of
> The Day' on a page. It's mainly a frontend plugin.
well, i think you do not need an extension for that

u can read content via TypoScript
(f.e. http://support.typo3.org/snippets/c/28/)
put some content elements in specific sysfolders and read them out

combine that with

[globalVar=  TSFE:id = 1, TSFE:id = 19]
>    # page.config.no_cache = false
>    # page.config.cache_period = 86400
>    # page.config.cache_clearAtMidnight = true
[global]

> Q: How can I make sure in my PHP code, that caching of pages
> containing this plugin ends at midnight?
i do not think, that it is a good idea to do such thing in your plugin.

But afaik there are some Extensions out which makes it possible to change
caching behavior.

> Please, can somebody give me a hint or a pointer?
perhaps extension cacheexpire
could be a starting point.

But i would think twice about that idea.

regards,
martin