[TYPO3] tt_news first paragraph

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Sun Aug 24 23:15:28 CEST 2008

I would suggest making an extension, and making use of the TCE hook, so
that every time a news record is saved, the first paragraph is isolated
and wrapped. This is probably more complicated than what you were hoping
for, but I can't see another way...

Suggested code:
     function processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray(&$incomingFieldArray,
&$table, &$id, &$tcemain)
     {
          if($table == "tt_news")
          {
              preg_match_all("/<p>(.+)<\/p>/Us",
$incomingFieldArray["bodytext"], $post);
              // Wrap $post[1][0], and append it to the rest of the text
          }
     }

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media