[TYPO3] seriuos problem migrating 4.2.1 installtion to another server

G.Unger skyfreak1 at gmx.net
Sun Aug 24 22:08:18 CEST 2008

hello list

the problem I ran into today is filed in bugtracker as well.
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8227

to sum it up, the moment I clear all caches I get the error
The page is not configured! [type= 0][]

hereafter the copy of my note in bugtracker:

i ran into the same problem today when I wanted to make a full backup
from an online development installation and install it on my mac
locally.

TYPO3 4.2.1
database online is charset and collation utf8_unicode_ci
I downloaded all directories and dumped the DB with bash mysqldump command

on myMac local I created a new DB, again charset and collation utf8_unicode_ci
imported the DB with bash mysql command
modified in localconf.php db/user/pwd

I can login to the backend and even access frontend, all seems to work well

unfortunately the baseurl has to be modified to point to myMac and not
online development-domain
after saving the error occured on frontend

tried again and just cleared cache ... bang
The page is not configured! [type= 0][]

the guy who setup the page has loads of umlaute in the templates
already in online instalation.

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['UTF8filesystem'] = '1';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8';
where set from the beginning.

the problem is, that this is online on a development server and needs
to be moved soon to the production server of the cutomer. as I cannot
install it on myMac locally I am pretty sure it won't work on
liveserver too.

anybody a clue how to move this installation
a) to myMac for backup and further development and then
b) to customers server

the problem is, that the customer seems to have ... let's say some open
issues  ... with the original developer. I was asked to dump it as a
backup and continue doing the last changes before productive launch
locally and then move it to the customers server.

please help :(

thx & rgds
GUIDO