[TYPO3] TS: shortcut to rootpage caused problems for subpages

Fearless Goblin v-tyok at mail.ru
Sun Aug 24 21:44:47 CEST 2008

Hello Elijah,

> But I can't do that. Search engines do not like duplicate content:

> www.domain.com/
> www.domain.com/home/

> The same page content can be accessed using two links, it should be just
> one. That's the reason for the shortcut to root.

There are several ways for avoiding that:

1) Use this solution: http://diaryproducts.net/about/cms/typo3/canonical_home_page_split_site_root

2) Use the solution, provided in comments of above link.

3) If you have 'defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev' => true in your RealURL
configuration, you may do such thing: set 'segTitleFieldList' =>
'alias,subtitle,tx_realurl_pathsegment,title' (the main idea, that
non-used field - e.g. alias - should be used as first source of url)
at 'pagePath' section of RealURL configuration. After that you have to
print into alias of your 'Home' page: "index". So, you still will have
two pages with same content but now they'll be: www.yoursite.com/ and
www.yoursite.com/index.html And, as was said at article that I
provided above: "The Google spider is now clever enough to see that /
and /index.html are two synonymous URL paths for the same page".