[TYPO3] Need help - after moving my site to a new server

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Sun Aug 24 17:42:46 CEST 2008

Hello Ronald,

> I have then:
> 1. uploaded the directories:
>    /fileadmin  (which includes the template)
>    /typo3conf  (see below)
>    /typo3temp
>    /uploads

you don't need to upload /typo3temp. Delete its content, I think it'll be better
if you start on a new server.

> lrwxrwxrwx   1 elmit1 elmit1   11 Aug 22 17:24 i.php -> phpinfo.php

you better dissable your phpinfo.php

> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT'['extList']   which is missing in the new one.
>
> 2. localconf.php   - old website
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'] =
> 'tsconfig_help,context_help,extra_page_cm_options,impexp,sys_note,tstemplate,tstemplate_ceditor,tstemplate_info,tstemplate_objbrowser,tstemplate_analyzer,func_wizards,wizard_crpages,wizard_sortpages,lowlevel,install,belog,beuser,aboutmodules,setup,taskcenter,info_pagetsconfig,viewpage,rtehtmlarea,css_styled_content,t3skin';

> 3. localconf.php   - new website
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'] =
> 'tsconfig_help,context_help,extra_page_cm_options,impexp,sys_note,tstemplate,tstemplate_ceditor,tstemplate_info,tstemplate_objbrowser,tstemplate_analyzer,func_wizards,wizard_crpages,wizard_sortpages,lowlevel,install,belog,beuser,aboutmodules,setup,taskcenter,info_pagetsconfig,viewpage,rtehtmlarea,css_styled_content,t3skin';

you see, it's in both files.

> Should it be the old one? should it be the new one (as it is now)?

just change your DB-connection-values, leave the rest allone

> I "thought" it means that I need to find this extensions to install with
> the Ext Manager, but all these words are not found to import.

Your extensions exist in /typo3conf/ext/ which you uploaded from old one (if you
installed them localy), they're integrated in the DB, when you import you
rDB-dump to the new DB, have you done this?
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'] shows your installed extensions

Andreas