[TYPO3] <p></p> before and after permitted external blocks in RTE

Caterina caterina_kitty at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 21:44:04 CEST 2008

Hi, Mike

Try to insert this piece of code into template setup, it should work:

lib.parseFunc_RTE {

    //here you'll need to list all tags, you assume to be external blocks
    externalBlocks = table, blockquote, ol, ul, div, dl, address
    externalBlocks {
        //The blockquote content is passed into parseFunc again...
        //this makes TYPO3 to don't insert empty paragraphs before and after
        //the blockquote tag, i.e. to don't do like this
        blockquote.stripNL=1
        blockquote.callRecursive=1
        blockquote.callRecursive.tagStdWrap.HTMLparser = 1
        blockquote.callRecursive.tagStdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.blockquote.overrideAttribs = style="margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;"

        ol.stripNL=1
        ol.stdWrap.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc

        ul.stripNL=1
        ul.stdWrap.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc

        dl.stripNL=1
        dl.stdWrap.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc

        address.stripNL=1
        address.stdWrap.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc

        div.stripNL=1
        div.stdWrap.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc

        table.stripNL=1
        table.stdWrap.HTMLparser = 1
        table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fixAttrib.class {
            always = 0
            list >
        }
        table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.keepNonMatchedTags = 1
        table.HTMLtableCells=1
        table.HTMLtableCells {
            default.callRecursive=1
            addChr10BetweenParagraphs=1