[TYPO3] cooluri & language detection

Lars Haendler typo3 at larshaendler.com
Fri Aug 22 09:50:21 CEST 2008

Hi

Freddy Tripold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to using cooluri with rlmp_language_detection. All works
> fine except the first call of the startpage in the default language. The
> language detection tries to forward to /index.php?id=xy&L=0 and the
> .htaccess will rewrite to site.html. So the call ends with an error.
> I think this is normal in cause of the configuration of the extensions.
> My solution was to put in the xml conf
>     <valuemap>
>       <parameter>L</parameter>
>       <value key="de">0</value>
>       <value key="en">1</value>
>     </valuemap>
> now the Url in the default language is like this
> www.domain.tld/de/home.html, but it should be without the language
> parameters. As seen on cooluri tutorial, one of the cooluri example
> sites (www.sunisa-ranck.com).
> So is it possible to remove the default language part from Url or are
> there other ways to make a language detection wich works better?
>
> br
> Freddy

you are my personal hero. I always had the problem the other way around,
with no real solution and therefore switched to realurl.

Your problem is the rlmp_language_detection because normally L=0 won't
be added to your query and cooluri won't add /de/.
Best way would be to check the rlmp_language_detection configuration. -
If there is no way, then fix it directly in the rlmp_language_detection
source.

Regards
Lars