[TYPO3] Dynamic Menu

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Thu Aug 21 18:07:35 CEST 2008

I'm reposting this question:

I am trying to create a menu, based on the pid passed in a URL variable.
The menu should be generated starting from that pid. I've tried various
variations of the code below, but it is always generating a menu from
the page pid, not the value of the variable.

Here is the code:
     marks.BREADCRUMBS.special = rootline
     marks.BREADCRUMBS.special.value.data = GP: tx_ttnews|backPid
     marks.BREADCRUMBS.special.range = 0
     marks.BREADCRUMBS.1 = TMENU
     marks.BREADCRUMBS.1 {
         # Do stuff
     }

The value of tx_ttnews[backPid] is completely ignored...
Can someone point me to a mistake?
--
Dan Osipov
Calkins Media