[TYPO3] <p></p> added around allowed external blocks

Another Vision info at anothervision.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 16:05:55 CEST 2008

Hi list

I'm sure this has been covered, but I'm running around in circles with the
RTE configuration (Typo3 4.1.7)

So far I've got it to allow the external blocks I'm after saved to and
returned from the DB.

I can get them pasted into the code view of the RTE and switch between RTE
and source view fine. However when I save

is added before and after the permitted external block. Subsequent saving
adds &nbsp; within these empty blocks (despite the inclusion of

lib.parseFunc_RTE.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.innerStdWrap_all.ifEmpty =

in the template)

I'm pretty sure I've set allowed external blocks everywhere I can. What have
I missed?

TSconfig under 'Edit page properties' looks like this:

RTE.default{
proc {
##TRANSFORMATION METHOD - CSS Styled Content is used.
overruleMode = ts_css
##assume any br is intentional
dontConvBRtoParagraph = 1
remapParagraphTag = p

allowTags =
form,input,select,option,a,address,b,br,caption,div,em,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,hr,
i,img,li,link,ol,p,span,strong,sub,sup,table,tbody,td,th,tr,tt,ul
allowTagsOutside = hr,address,form,input,select,option,br,div

entryHTMLparser_rte = 1
exitHTMLparser_rte = 1
entryHTMLparser_rte.allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
exitHTMLparser_rte.allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
entryHTMLparser_rte.allowTagsOutside < RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside
exitHTMLparser_rte.allowTagsOutside < RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside

HTMLparser_rte.allowTags = form,input,select,option,br,div
HTMLparser_db.allowTags = form,input,select,option,br,div

denyTags >

entryHTMLparser_db = 1
entryHTMLparser_db {
  ## Always use the same list of allowed tags.
  allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
  allowTagsOutside < RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside
  ## Make sure we can set rules on any tag listed in allowTags.
  denyTags >
  ## AVOID CONTENT BEING HSC'ed TWICE
  htmlSpecialChars = 0
  keepNonMatchedTags = protect
  }
HTMLparser_db {
  noAttrib = br
  allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
  allowTagsOutside < RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside
  xhtml_cleaning = 1
  htmlSpecialChars = 0
  keepNonMatchedTags = 0
  }
exitHTMLparser_db = 1
exitHTMLparser_db {
  allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
  allowTagsOutside < RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside
  ## AVOID CONTENT BEING HSC'ed TWICE
  htmlSpecialChars = 0
  keepNonMatchedTags = 1
  }
}
}

## Erase settings from other extensions
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext >
RTE.config.tt_news.bodytext >

## Make sure we use ts_css transformation
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.proc.overruleMode = ts_css
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.types.text.proc.overruleMode = ts_css
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.types.textpic.proc.overruleMode = ts_css

Thanks
Mike