[TYPO3] content doesn't load - probably error in template TS

Jonas Kaiser jk431 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 11:12:32 CEST 2008

Hi there,
I am using the auto template parser for my new website and encounter the
following problem: The template is imported and the menu is created as I
have so far set it up, but for some reason, the content columns are not
imported and instead the dummy text in the template file shows up.
Here is the link to the website as it currently looks: cms.landaro.de
and this is my typoscript from the template record:

# Configuring the Auto-Parser:
plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
  # Read the template file:
  content = FILE
  content.file = fileadmin/template/NeXT/NeXT-tpl.html
  # Here we define which elements in the HTML that
  # should be wrapped in subpart-comments:
  elements {
    BODY.all = 1
    BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY
    HEAD.all = 1
    HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER
    HEAD.rmTagSections = title
    DIV.all = 1
  }
  # Prefix all relative paths with this value:
  relPathPrefix = fileadmin/template/NeXT/
}

# Menu 1 cObject
temp.dyn-menu = HMENU

# First level menu-object, textual
temp.dyn-menu.1 = TMENU
temp.dyn-menu.1 {
  # Normal state properties
  NO.allWrap = <div class="vnav-l1-no"> | </div>
  NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
  # Enable active state and set properties:
  ACT = 1
  ACT.allWrap = <div class="vnav-l1-act"> | </div>
  ACT.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
}

# Second level menu-object, textual
temp.dyn-menu.2 = TMENU
temp.dyn-menu.2 {
  # Normal state properties
  NO.allWrap = <div class="vnav-l2-no"> | </div>
  NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
  # Enable active state and set properties:
  ACT = 1
  ACT.allWrap = <div class="vnav-l2-act"> | </div>
  ACT.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
  # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
  # Select only the content between the <body>-tags
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
  # substitute dynamic menu in
  subparts.main-menu < temp.dyn-menu
  # substitute content from normal column
  subparts.content-primary < styles.content.get
  # substitute content from border column [uncomment next line]
  # subparts.content-border < styles.content.getBorder
}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the HEAD
temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.headTemplate {
  # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
  # Select only the content between the <head>-tags
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.config.doctype = xhtml_trans
page.typeNum = 0
# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate
# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <head>-section:
page.headerData.10  < temp.headTemplate

[end of TS]
For your information: typo3 version 4.2.1 and I have checked that there is a
content record present in the normal column of the subpage "home" which is
definitely not set on hide or something ...
Same thing is happening on the subpage storyboard, so I guess there's an
error in my TS which I can't spot ...

Probably some of you have an idea?
many thanks in advance, yours
Jonas