[TYPO3] How to get TS config of content element in extension?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Aug 20 08:38:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> To make a long story short:
>
> - A content element "X" of pi1/tx_myext_pi1.php is present on a page
> - Another content element "Y" on the same page needs to ask code in
> tx_myext.php information about the first content element
> - the code in tx_myext.php knows which content element is "X" and even
> knows all info from tt_content for "X".
> - the code in tx_myext.php needs to know the TS configuration of "X".
> How can it find this??
>
> Hope someone has any pointers to where I can get this info...

$GLOBALS['TSFE']->tmpl->setup['plugin.]['tx_myext_pi1.] is an array with configuration for plugin tx_myext_pi1. For example, if you have this TS:

plugin.tx_myext_pi1 = USER
plugin.tx_myext_pi1 {
	userFunc = whatever
	a {
		b = c
	}
}

You will have in setup:

array(
	'plugin.' => array(
		'tx_myext_pi1' => 'USER',
		'tx_myext_pi1.' => array(
			'userFunc' => 'whatever',
			'a.' => array(
			)
		)
	)
)

There is one "but" though. If plugin uses flexform configuration, this configuration may override TS settings.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team