[TYPO3] FE registration - managing inactive accounts

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Aug 19 01:51:22 CEST 2008

on Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:54:08 -0400, Denis Bilodeau wrote:

> Yet again, it would be preferable to be able to actually delete (not
> simply disable) accounts, say, after 6 months of inactivity. The reason
> is that someone with a disabled account will not be able to register
> again by himself.
>
> The easy solution is to do a yearly purge of all accounts, asking
> everyone active to re-register.
>
> Easier is to tolerate the accumulation of inactive accounts year after
> year. How do users of this extension manage this, I wonder?

I once used an BE-Extension which showed a statistic about users which
were not logged in for n days, they could be mailed to relogin, and they
could be deleted (really deleted and not just the deletion flag).
it also cared about new users, which had not logged in at all.

I just looked for it in TER and could not find it. :-(
as I have no access to that installation any more I can't look at the
installation.

anyway it could be an easy way to rebuild this extension.
All neccessary data is abvailable by default: on every login a date in
the user-record is updated. So it is easy to select all the users which
hadn't login for more than n days.

with a cron-job it would be possible to test every day/week for users
with no login more than n (but less than n+x) days and send them a
reminder-mail.
on the next run all users, which were not logged in for more than n+x
days are deleted - or saved to another table in case a holiday was more
than x days long and the record should be reactivated.

bernd