[TYPO3] Re: FE registration - managing inactive accounts

Denis Bilodeau denis at ubitext.com
Mon Aug 18 21:54:08 CEST 2008

Lars Haendler wrote:
> Denis Bilodeau wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> The thread is about usergroup selection. My question is about deleting
>> accounts automatically.
>>
>> No relation whatsoever, except that it is about the same extension...
>
> Beg to differ ;-)
>
> TCAdefaults.[table].[field] = [value]
>
> I think that should help, but don't ask me how get a dynmic timestamp
> into the value field.
>
> Regards
> Lars

Thanks Lars, I had not seen that. If I am not mistaken again, this would
offer the possibility to set the Stop field to a set value. However, to
make this useful would precisely require to get a dynamic timestamp into
the value field ;)

Yet again, it would be preferable to be able to actually delete (not
simply disable) accounts, say, after 6 months of inactivity. The reason
is that someone with a disabled account will not be able to register
again by himself.

The easy solution is to do a yearly purge of all accounts, asking
everyone active to re-register.

Easier is to tolerate the accumulation of inactive accounts year after
year. How do users of this extension manage this, I wonder?

Denis