[TYPO3] Problem with template selector (rlmptmplselector)

Luis Flávio Seelig lflavios at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:21:16 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I'm searching internet and documentations for some time (more than three
weeks) and can't find any clue about this issue. I'm working on trial and
error basis now, so I give up. I'm trying to use automaketemplate with
rlmptmplselector. Already read MTB documentation and understand (not fully,
I'm afraid) the theory, my code works, but not properly.
The problem is that the "page" marker and the "envelope" marker (on the HTML
code bellow) vanish when the page render. The page properties shows the
rlmptmplselector combos (main and sub templates) correctly, but is not
working changing the page templates.

Follow a resume (only the interest parts) of the automaketemplate TS, the
rlmptmplselector and the HTML pages. The TS'a are included in the main setup
in this order: automaketemplate, menus, rlmptmplselector, another objects.

automaketemplate TS
---------------------
plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
   content = FILE
   content.file = fileadmin/templates/index.html
   relPathPrefix = fileadmin/templates

   elements {
      BODY.all = 1
      BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY

      DIV.id.page = 1
      DIV.id.envelope = 1
      UL.id.nav = 1
      UL.id.footer-nav = 1

      DIV.id.leadcontainer  = 1
      DIV.id.content-topright = 1
      DIV.id.leftcol = 1
      DIV.id.rightcol = 1
  }
}
---------------------

tmp.templatePrincipal = TEMPLATE

tmp.templatePrincipal {
   tx_rlmptmplselector.title = Principal

   template < plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
   template.content.templateType = sub
   template.content.file = fileadmin/templates/index.html

   workOnSubpart = envelope

   # tmp.lead is defined elsewhere and works properly
   subparts.leadcontainer < tmp.lead
   subparts.leftcol < styles.content.getLeft
   subparts.rightcol < styles.content.getRight
   subparts.content-topright < styles.content.get
}

tmp.templatePage1 = TEMPLATE

tmp.templatePage1 {

   tx_rlmptmplselector.title = Pagina 1

   template < plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
   template.content.templateType = sub

   template.content.file = fileadmin/templates/sub/page1.html

   workOnSubpart = envelope

   subparts.pagecontent <  styles.content.get
}

tmp.templateDefaultPage = TEMPLATE
tmp.templateDefaultPage {
   tx_rlmptmplselector.title = Default Page

   template < plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
   template.content.file = fileadmin/templates/index.html
   template.content.templateType = main

   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
   # tmp.nav is defined elsewhere and works properly
   subparts.nav < tmp.nav
}

rlmptmplselector TS
---------------------
plugin.tx_rlmptmplselector_pi1 {

   // Define the paths leading to our HTML template files
   templatePathMain = fileadmin/templates/
   templatePathSub = fileadmin/templates/sub/

   // Define the filenames used as the default HTML templates
   defaultTemplateFileNameMain = index.html
   defaultTemplateFileNameSub = generica.html

   // If there is a page having no template selected, use a template
   // selected earlier in the rootline. If there is none, use the default
    inheritMainTemplates = 1
    inheritSubTemplates = 1

   templateObjects.sub {
      10 < tmp.templatePrincipal
      20 < tmp.templatePage1
   }
   templateObjects.main {
      10 < tmp.templateDefaultPage
   }

}

tmp.templateGeral = TEMPLATE
tmp.templateGeral {

   template < plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
   template.content.file =< plugin.tx_rlmptmplselector_pi1
   subparts.envelope.templateType = main

   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

   subparts.nav < tmp.nav
   subparts.envelope =< plugin.tx_rlmptmplselector_pi1
   subparts.envelope.templateType = sub
}
---------------------

Main setup TS