[TYPO3] create a fork of an extension and having troubles with Frontend output

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Aug 16 15:09:55 CEST 2008

on Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:07:51 +0200, Tobias Hochgürtel wrote:

> I have renamed all classes, php files, variables, sql database tables,
> and the (main) folder with my new name ( tt_freiraum ). I have changed
> some things in the language files. But when I now add the Shop Plugin as
> an Content Element. I get at the FrontEnd only the Header. I have
> included the static Typoscript from extensions.

that might give a mix of old and new names, where half the references is
not available any more.
Doing something like this I would replace EVERY occurence of the original
extkey with the new one.

the other problem might be the new extension key itself:
tt_freiraum is not in the regular namespace
either use user_... for local extensions or tx_... for public.

keep attention to the special behavior of tt_...-extensions as they are
remains of the first versions of TYPO3. I don't know exactly wether this
happens in the newest TYPO3-versions, but I remember some mentions about
special handling of these extensions in core.
I don't think your extension is known to the core.
You might change the behaviour of your extension to that of 'normal'
extensions (like created with kickstarter)

bernd