[TYPO3] [TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news: Link to two different LIST plugins from the same page?

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 15:25:50 CEST 2008

Andrew Plank wrote:
> Hi tt_news experts!
>
> I have a site that has two implementations of tt_news; one as a normal
> news article server, the other as a frequently updated "did you know?"
> section. I'm using categories to separate the two different types of
> entries.
>
> However, on the root page of the site, the client wants to have a
> "latest news" box which shows the most recent news article, and a
> "latest did you know" box which shows the latest "did you know?"
> entry... He also wants a "read more" link for each of the entry types...
> also a "see archive" link.
>
> This "see archive" link is where I'm having problems... pid_list is set
> in Typoscript... It's not possible to define two, so if I click the "see
> archive" link for the "did you know"s, it of course goes to the normal
> news list instead of the "did you know" list.
>
> I've tried putting a TS condition in to check which content element is
> currently being processed, and accordingly set a new pid_list, but this
> doesn't work, and I've since found out that it's not possible to
> conditionally check for the uid of the current content element.
>
> Ideally, there would be a "PageId for list display" field on the
> plugin's "other settings" tab, just as there is for the "PageId for
> single news display"
>
> But there isn't :(
>
> Is there a way to do this?

In the end, I added a new field to the flexform, and added some code in
the plugin to check for this and use it (if it exists) instead of the
one defined in the TS. Works a treat!