[TYPO3] Problem with GraphicsMagick

Brian Bendtsen bb at bellevuevej.dk
Fri Aug 15 13:02:04 CEST 2008

Hi Xavier

Xavier Perseguers skrev:
> Hi Brian,
>
>> I have tried to install graphicsmagick on a redhat webserver but it
>> doesn't work at all.
>>
>> I have another server where it works great and I have copied the
>> install tool image settings so I think its the installation I didn't
>> do right.
>>
>> This is what I did to install gm on the server:
>>
>> 1. I fetched the newest tar.gz of gm on www.graphicsmagick.org(version
>> 1.2.5)
>>
>> 2. untared the tarball into graphicsmagick1.2.5 folder and went into
>> the folder.
>>
>> 3. used the command: ./configure --without-perl
>>
>> 4. then make and make install
>
> You may use a distribution package, don't you?
Im not sure what you mean?

>> 5. Now I have this in a folder /usr/local/bin:
>>
>> gm
>> GraphicsMagick-config
>> GraphicsMagick++-config
>> GraphicsMagickWand-config
>
> AFAIK, you should have convert, composite, and other tools
Yeah, I have been wondering about that, but we have another server
running, where everything works as it should and it looks like this.

>> 6. Here is the Install tool image processing configuration:
>>
>> GraphicsMagick enabled: 1
>> GraphicsMagick path: /usr/local/bin/ (1.2.5)
>> GraphicsMagick path/LZW: /usr/local/bin/ ()
>> Version 5/GraphicsMagick flag: gm
>>
>> GDLib enabled: 1
>> GDLib using PNG: 1
>> GDLib 2 enabled: 1
>> IM5 effects enabled: -1 (Blurring/Sharpening with IM 5+)
>> Freetype DPI: 96 (Should be 96 for Freetype 2)
>> Mask invert: 0 (Should be set for some IM versions approx. 5.4+)
>>
>> File Formats: gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf,ai
>>
>> Yet most of the image tests fails, even reading jpg, pdf files.
>
> What is the error?
Well, the error is, that the image generated on my server does not look
like the reference in most cases, like the combine using a GIF mask, I
get an all green square. pdf's and ai's are not shown. The GD library
funcions:

- Render text with TrueType font using 'niceText' option
- Render 'niceText' with a shadow under

doesn't look like the reference.

>> All that show a result is shown with the message:
>> File size is very different from reference
>>
>> Any hints? Can it be some php.ini settings?
>
> Is your gm tool executed at all?

I have my doubts about that, since nearly all the tests fail.

/Brian