[TYPO3] Smile Workflow Documentation

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Aug 14 23:49:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

> What does one do to figure out how an extension work when there is no
> documentation available for the extension?

It's up to you to try using extensions without documentation. Personnaly
I'm always reluctant to do so unless I "know" that the documentation
would give nothing.

> Perhaps I am missing something but it appears smile_workflow 1.0.1
> source does not come with documentation. That is no documentation
> available on the TER nor is there anything on the wiki.
>
> Google also fails to lead me in the right direction.
>
> Are there docs for this extension? IF so where might I find them?  The
> extension busts my website when I install it.

There's an smile_doc (or something like that) extension but did you see
that this extension got no update since 2005? How can you be confident
to use it? Do you still use a very old TYPO3 version? Because TYPO3
changed a lot since 2005 and unless the extension was "simple" I wouln't
even think of installing such an old extension on today's systems.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en