[TYPO3] language detection doesn't work anymore

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Thu Aug 14 16:10:31 CEST 2008

Hello people,

I've got a problem that I can't get solved: on our (live) site (TYPO3
4.1.7) the language detection (rlmp_language_detection) doesn't function
anymore. We have Dutch as default and French as second language. But now,
on a 'french' computer people see the default (dutch) version of the
page.
On another TYPO3 install (same server) this still works fine.
As far as I know nothing has changed with respect to language config in
TS templates etc.

I have:

- deactivated realurl to see what happens: there is no language variable
L in the URL
- upgraded the other TYPO3 install to version 4.1.7 also but language
detection still works fine (of course)
- deleted and re-installed rlmp_language_detection
- upgraded static_info_tables
- removed cache in typo3conf

All this doesn't work. Does anyone have a clue what could be the problem
of hints for how to look for a solution?

Thanx a lot for any help!

Kind greetings,
Frank Sonck