[TYPO3] TMENU and stdWrap clarification

Kathryn Blair artscoop at mail.arts.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 14 01:25:24 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

This is a pretty ridiculous question but I think (according to the TSref) it
should work, but it isn't working when I try it, so here goes.

I want to use stdWrap to wrap a menu with something dynamic (really doesn't
matter what, so long as I can give them different ids). I checked the TSRef
for TMENU:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.
1.0/view/10/7/ -- and TMENU has a stdwrap property and refers you to an
example on the GMENU page
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4
.1.0/view/10/4/):

2 = TMENU
2 {
  stdWrap.dataWrap = <ul class="{register :  parentProperty}"> | </ul>
  NO {
  }
}

... but this doesn't seem to work? Here's the first level of my typoscript
for the menu:

temp.menu_1 = HMENU
temp.menu_1.special=list
temp.menu_1.special.value.insertData=1
temp.menu_1.special.value={leveluid:1}
 # First level menu-object
temp.menu_1.1 = TMENU
temp.menu_1.1 {
  stdWrap.dataWrap=<ul class="{field:uid}"> | </ul>
  NO{
    allWrap.insertData=1
    allWrap={$otherliallwrap}
    wrapItemAndSub ={$menuliallwrapitemandsub}
    ATagTitle.field=title
    }
    #I made them the same for active items but I'll need to change this.
  ACT = 1
  ACT{
    allWrap.insertData=1
    allWrap= {$otherliallwrap}
    wrapItemAndSub= {$topmenuliallwrapitemandsub}
    ATagTitle.field=title
    }
  noBlur = 1
  expAll = 1
}

And the resultant HTML totally ignores the dataWrap -- no <ul> | </ul> tags
are written. As this is in the tsref as working I must be doing something
wrong, does anyone know what that might be?

Thanks a lot,

Kath