[TYPO3] Memory problem after having upgraded to version 4.2.1

Sven Weimann news at sven-weimann.de
Tue Aug 12 10:00:37 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> You have to allow more memory to be used in your php.ini
>
> ...or in Install tool.

I had the same problem, and increasing the memory to 45M solved it (42M
was't enough). I wonder though what causes the big increase in memory
consumption, as 32M was more than enough on the development server.

I just moved the site from the dev server, running Ubuntu 8.04 under
VMWare Fusion to a xen domU running Ubuntu 8.04 with only one real
difference: The DB server is not local anymore, it's connected to our
production mysql server now.