[TYPO3] Problem with upgrading from php4 to php5

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Mon Aug 11 22:18:00 CEST 2008

My webhost has performed an upgrade from php4 to php5 on my domain. Now
php5.2.5 is running in CGI modus. My website is running with typo3 4.1.1.

At first it seemed that everything was working as before. But after some
playing around on the site I discovered that I sometimes get error messages
http 500 - internal server error. I get one page perfectly OK at one time,
sometime later I try to get the same page again and get http 500 message. I
have not discovered any pattern when I get http 500 error and when a page is
shown OK.

I suppose there should be no problem running typo3 4.1.1 on php5.

Have anyone had the same kind of problem, when upgrading from php4 to php5?

Does anyone have a tip how to debug such a http 500 error, when running php5
in CGI modus?

Regards,
Gunnar Jonsson