[TYPO3] system update - what would you recommend

H. Hahn h.hahn at hahn-informatica.nl
Mon Aug 11 14:53:55 CEST 2008

Thankd so far, but is does not help me any further.
The install tool  (at /[SYS][displayErrors]/ suggests to set
displayErrors to 0 and have the error messages sent a file defined in
php.ini.
I tried to do so, with

error_reporting = E_ALL || E_NOTICE

error_log = "/usr/local/WWW/A/.5c2/p/pels4/htdocs/cheider2007/error.log"

in php.ini. I created an empty file "error.log" with full write access
(0777). The only effect was that the errors are no longer displayed, and
are NOT(!) written to this file; de screen now remains blank.
So there is no net effect.

This is more or less what I expected. After all, the warning and the
error message actually said that starting the PHP session failed (the
error came from the PHP "session-start()" function, which failed.

Just as expected, hiding a fatal(!) error never cures a problem!

So if this is not what you meant, then please be clearer. I am not a
Unix/Linux expert (far from that).

(For obvious reasons, I will now immediately undo the changes.)

H. Hahn