[TYPO3] Protectng Content?

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Sun Aug 10 22:35:35 CEST 2008

I can protect page content by requiring login using for example newloginbox

And I can protect downloadable files by amending .htaccess to require
htpasswd authentication.

But if I want to link protected files from protected pages the user has to
login twice, once to get to view the pages, and again to pass the Basic
authentication from htpasswd on the download directory. This seems untidy,
if I am applying the same password to both logins.

I think php can pass the required authentication parameters to Apache, so
perhaps an option could be added to newloginbox to also pass Basic
authentication parameters to Apache?

Or has somebody already done that - is there an extension for this?

Thanks

--
Simon Child