[TYPO3] Query data string data still available?

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Sat Aug 9 00:26:27 CEST 2008

Hi again...

I missed this response this morning so I hope this doesn't mess up the
mail thread.

Also, I apologize if I'm missing something.  I'll certainly give your
suggestion a try but first I feel compelled to ask for a bit of
clarification.

In my pages I have links of the form:
http://[snip]/content/videos/amr/faster-fashion-greater-distances/
This URL (Made via RealURL) has no query string.

Quoting Dmitry:
> It means that you call your script before RealURL processing. You
> should call it as a part of PAGE object:
>
> includeLibs.myscript = fileadmin/user_myscript.php
> page.1000 = USER
> page.1000.userFunc = user_myscript
>
> There you will have query string as $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']

How can I then have the Query_String?

Recall, my issue is that when a link is click we are recording that
link by calling a php script.

Doesn't $_SERVER  only know about the state when the link is clicked?

Again, I apologize if I'm missing something here.

Thanks,
Doug

PS - my latest plan is to take the URI String (in this case /content/
videos/amr/faster-fashion-greater-distances/) and look up the related
PID in one of the RealURL tables.  The problem I'm having is I have
yet to determine which lookup table to look in for the URI String to
PID relationship.