[TYPO3] tt_news 2 big problems

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 09:17:53 CEST 2008

Hi Francisco,

Please see my comments below:

Francisco Cifuentes wrote:

> 1) I need to show the SINGLE view using 2 differents templates
> correspondingeach one to one category (then i have 2 categories too)

You should be able to achieve this by:

- Setting up two separate SINGLE views (one for each category).
- Setting 'useSPidFromCategory = 1' [1] in the CATMENU TS Setup.
- Setting the appropriate 'Single-view page for news from this category'
in each news category properties.

> 2) I need to show on a site with multilanguage only the news in the LIST
> view corresponding to the language, I say: I have 2 news in spanish
> (default) and 3 news in english (5 news in total) and when i'm in the site
> in english show only the 3 news in english.

Have a look at the 'Language settings' section of the tt_news
documentation [1]. The following TS Setup should solve your problem:

plugin.tt_news.sys_language_mode = strict

Best regards,

Oliver

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/tt_news/2.5.2/view/1/7/