[TYPO3] language: multiple tree + passing L parameter

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed Apr 30 10:24:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have problems to pass the L parameter.

The site was originally built with multiple tree setup and every
language root had for example:

config.language = en
config.locale_all = en_EN

Now what changed was that there are some ext records that need to be
translated (not dublicated).

So I would like to combine two-tree and one-tree approaches. Here is my
setup in the root now:

config.linkVars = L
config.language = fi  (this is the default language of the site)

[globalVar = GP:L = 3]
config.sys_language_uid = 3
config.language = en

[globalVar = GP:L = 4]
config.sys_language_uid = 4
config.language = se
[GLOBAL]

What amazes me most is that I can't seem to pass the L parameter at all.
I have the coolURI installed but at the moment it is unabled.
The addresses are completely without the L...

Thanks for any hint of what might be wrong!

- Katja