[TYPO3] 4.2 and RealURL

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Apr 29 10:07:15 CEST 2008

Francois Suter wrote: on 28.04.2008 22:04:

>> I'm noticing that one of the changes in 4.2 is that the "Advanced"
>> page type has been collapsed into "Standard." In the process, though,
>> it seems that the page attribute "Speaking URL Path Segment" no longer
>> appears! I am in the process of testing upgrades on some of my sites
>> but don't really want to proceed unless I know I will still be able to
>> edit this attribute.
>>
>> Is a TCA change required? Or a newer version of RealURL?
>
> The bug is actually already documented:
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8026
>
> I expect it will be fixed soon. In the meantime you can change the
> following line in realurl/ext_localconf.php:
>
> t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes('pages','tx_realurl_pathsegment','2','after:nav_title');
>
> Change '2' to '1'.

Since we have the "tabs everywhere" policy now, I think many extensions
which just add fields to the end of the field-list will look ugly .
Those will get their icons in "Access" tab in tt_content..

So I would propose to create a new option to:

t3lib_extmgm::addToAllTCAtypes()

so the developer can decide not after/before which field something will
be added, but in which TAB. I can also imagine some way of adding new
fields to a "Custom" TAB that is automatically created if it doesn't
exist, which could be used to group all fields coming from extensions
that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Speaking of that, we also need an API to:

- replace existing fields (most extensions do that with str_replace in
the types list!!!)
- remove unneeded fields (most extensions do that with str_replace in
the types list!!!)
- reorder some items in the list (e.g. move some important field for a
specific site from the "Access" to the "General" tab)
- .... maybe more?

Cheers,
Ernesto