[TYPO3] Bug in tx_realurl decoding Alias with lookUp table

Frédéric Hébert fg.hebert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 16:20:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

 this is for confirmation that's really a bug...

 Symptoms :

1- : On a "tt_news category" page, a not empty category (with a title
containing spaces) display the default message 'noNewsToListMsg'
2- : After clearing 'all caches' and truncate tx_realurl_uniqalias table, if
I've first displayed an 'empty category' 's page, the wanted message from
tt_news extension is displayed. But, if I 've first displayed an 'non empty
category' 's page, the 'empty catgory' 's page fallback to this first page.

(Or just enable enable404forInvalidAlias in a lookUpTable config)

Strangly, all links in catmenu are ok, even those which cause troubles in
decode 'scheme'.

configuration : here's an abstract of debugging informations in
installation/phpinfo() menu

tx_realurl: 1.3.1
tt_news: 2.5.2 (even if i think it's not related)
cache enabled

CONST: PHP_OS       : Linux
CONST: php_sapi_name: apache2handler
OTHER: TYPO3_VERSION: 4.1.6
OTHER: PHP_VERSION  : 5.1.2
OTHER: memory_limit : 48m
SERVER: GATEWAY_INTE: CGI/1.1
SERVER: SCRIPT_NAME : /typo3/install/index.php

technical symptoms:

 After debugging info in tt_news, I've seen that the alias-to-id mapping of
tx_ttnews[cat] get var was not always good.
f.e.: 'emplois-et-stages' was not mapped to the uid.

(see realurl configuration file, linked below, at fixedPostVars['166']
index: there is a spaceCharacter section)

So, IMHO, the problem is:

 in tx_realurl.lookUpTranslation function , there is a bidirectionnal
lookup:

 case AliasToId : if there is no entry in tx_realurl_uniqalias table,
function lookup for an id in DB following a part of lookUpTable realurl
configuration. But it seems that the value alias used in SQL query is the
raw value, not transformed
with the uniqalias_conf. So, hyphens are not mapped to spaces and the 'SQL
where part' becomes: title='emplois-et-stages' which returns nothing. (see
screenshot 4)

 case IdToAlias : if there is no entry in tx_realurl_uniqalias table, the
lookUp_newAlias function is called with uniqalias_conf array.

SEE SCREENSHOTS at
http://documents.43ruedesplages.net/bugsToConfirm/tx_realurl/screenshots/
see realurl configuration at
http://documents.43ruedesplages.net/bugsToConfirm/tx_realurl/configurations/

I'm just surprised that there's not already a bug report for this.

Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

F.hébert