[TYPO3] Disable BE Tabs in Typo3 4.2

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Apr 25 13:24:38 CEST 2008

Hey Klaus,

well, right now it is not possible to change this for a specific user
yet. I am very sure though that we will implement this feature. What I
want is to have an option in TSconfig (User / Page TSconfig) so you can
disable it for certain users / branches etc. I even want to have the
possibility to rearrange the fields & tabs through TSconfig, so you can
change the layout completely for a specific user.

I could even create an extension to do this for 4.2 if someone is
interested. Otherwise we'll have to wait for 4.3 :)

Anyway, the extTables.php config option is

   $TCA['tt_content']['ctrl']['dividers2tabs'] = 0

for the tt_content table. Just replace tt_content with "pages" if you
want this for the pages module.

lates,
benni.
-SDG-