[TYPO3] configuring a plugin via backend

Antonio Reher areher at sonoratec.biz
Fri Apr 25 11:55:59 CEST 2008

Hi:
I'm sure there is an answer somewhere, but I've searched and searched
and don't really know where to start.

I'm developing a front-end plugin for a website which displays an
introductory text and a list of elements. My problem is that the only
way I know of specifying the intro text from the BE is via TS...

plugin.tx_myExt_pi1.introtext=lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum
and then, in php, rendering $conf['introtext']

The problem is this is not the most intuitive way of doing it for a
basic user and I think it would be better to just have an RTE field in
the plugin editing screen where they can input whatever text they want.

I think there is a way of doing this via FlexForms, but I'm not sure I'm
ready to use them yet... is there any way of doing this?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks everyone!
Antonio